If I change my business address or sell my business, what do I do?

In the event that any of the following occur:

  • The name of the business changed
  • The business address changed
  • The business owner changed

If any changes occur you will be required to notify the city of the changes immediately. In addition, you will be required to complete a Business Tax Application and provide a notarized bill of sale or merger documents (if there is a change of ownership or if business merged) and it must be submitted to DERM with exception of change of address, in which it would require approval from both Planning and Zoning Division and DERM.

Show All Answers

1. What is a Business Tax Receipt?
2. Where can I find the laws that govern the City of Hialeah Business Tax Licenses?
3. Who needs a Business Tax Receipt?
4. How can I obtain the required Business Tax Forms?
5. If I have a home-based business, do I need to pay a Business Tax Receipt?
6. Do I need a Business Tax Receipt for Street Vending?
7. Do I need to apply for a Miami Dade County Local Business Tax License “LBT”?
8. How much does a Business Tax Receipt cost?
9. How can I pay the fees for my Business Tax Receipt?
10. If I change my business address or sell my business, what do I do?
11. Is an Occupational License the same as a Business Tax Receipt?
12. Can I apply for my business tax receipt online?
13. What State agencies regulate my business?
14. How much time will it take for me to obtain my business tax license?
15. Can I operate a business without a license?
16. What happens if I lie on my application to obtain a business tax license?
17. How do I close my business tax licenses?
18. When can I obtain water services for my business?