July 3, 2020 9:10 AM
Miami-Dade County Emergency Order 27-20: Countywide Curfew Effective from 10:00 PM - 6:00 AM
MIAMI-DADE COUNTY EMERGENCY ORDER 27-20
1. Commencing on July 3, 2020, a curfew is hereby imposed for all of Miami-Dade County, including incorporated and unincorporated areas, effective from 10 p.m. each night through 6 a.m the next morning, until cancelled or revised. During the period of such curfew, no person shall make use of any street or sidewalk for any purpose, except police, fire rescue, first responder, medical, health care, media, and utility repair service personnel. In addition, the curfew shall not apply to persons:
a. Working at essential establishments listed in attached exhibit A;
b. Returning directly to their homes from work at essential establishments or going directly to work at essential establishments from their homes;
c. Making deliveries from essential establishments; and
d. Walking their dogs within 250 feet of their residences.
2. The provisions of this order shall serve as minimum standards. Municipalities may impose more stringent standards within their jurisdiction.
3. This order does not affect or limit the operations of Miami-Dade County, any public utility, any municipality, the Miami-Dade County School District, or any State or Federal office or facility, except that such entities shall abide by the restrictions of any County, Municipal, State or Federal emergency order, as applicable.
4. This order shall expire upon the expiration of the existing Miami-Dade County State of Local Emergency, except that if such State of Local Emergency is extended, this order shall also be deemed to extend for the duration of such extension. This order may be cancelled earlier by action of the County Mayor.
5. This order shall be provided to all appropriate media consistent with the requirements of section 8B-7(2)(n) of the Code of Miami-Dade County.