YLC- BLUE Program
The Young Leaders with Character (YLC) BLUE Program is currently offering VIRTUAL Afterschool Programming Monday-Friday for teens in grades 6th through 8th.
This program provides families with a high quality out-of-school services in a safe, fun, and encouraging environment.
- Homework assistance
- Fitness and recreation
- STEM program
Opens in New Window
Days and Hours of Operation
The YLC BLUE Program is operational Monday through Friday and follows the Miami-Dade County Public Schools calendar.
Virtual Programming is offered from 4:15-6:15 PM.
After school Registration
Registration is simple! To register your teen, access the online registration links below and send completed registration to firstname.lastname@example.org.
TIP* Download the registration first and save before completing. Once the registration is has been completed, save the document as a PDF with your child’s name listed before sending. Please also don't forget attach the needed documents listed below to your email as well to complete your registration packet.
- A completed registration packet
- A copy of your child’s birth certificate or passport
- A copy of your child’s last report card and/or school acceptance letter for incoming students
- A current photo of your child
- Proof of address (such as a current utility bill)
- Your child’s student ID number
- Registration Fee (One-time) $30 per child
- Weekly Fees are currently FREE for Virtual Programming. When hybrid or in person services resume a weekly $20 per child per week fee will be required for all in person services only.
Our staff includes trained tutors, counselors, and recreation leaders. There are CPR and first aid certified staff at every site. Staff meet Level 2 screening requirements as described in S. 1012.32 (Florida Statutes).
The City will make reasonable accommodations for a child’s disability whenever possible. A child’s participation/enrollment in the program is subject to an intake interview, provision of current Individual Educational Plan (IEP) or medical documentation, staff review of case, the ability to accommodate his/her particular need, and the City’s ability to maintain an appropriate staff/child ratio (from 1:5 to 1:15, depending on need/space availability and funding).
For more information, visit the Education and Community Services Department to learn more about our out of school programs located at 7400 W. 24th Avenue, 2nd Floor or contact us at 305-818-9143.
Last Updated 09/09/2020