When school is out for summer, parents will have peace of mind knowing their child is having fun and will continue learning in a safe and welcoming environment. Summer Camp will be offered to students in ages 6-11. Students must have completed Kindergarten and going into 5th grade.
Summer Camp will include:
- Arts and crafts
- Enrichment activities
- Field trips
- Outdoor and Indoor Game Time Activities
- Fitness Activities
- Literacy tutoring by certified teachers with Differentiated Instruction for students in need
- Life Skills- Social Emotional Learning Activities
The City will make reasonable accommodations for a child’s disability in the summer camp in an inclusive setting whenever possible. A child’s participation/enrollment in the program is subject to an intake interview, provision of current Individual Educational Plan (IEP) or medical documentation, staff review of case, the ability to accommodate his/her particular need, and the City’s ability to maintain an appropriate staff/child ratio (from 1:3 to 1:15, depending on need/space availability and funding).
Hours and Dates of Summer Camp
- Summer Camp will be held from 7:30 AM-6:30 PM Monday through Friday.
- Summer Camp will run from June 10, 2024 through August 14, 2024
- Sites will be closed on Tuesday, July 4th, 2024 in observance of Independence day.
The ECS Division will be taking summer registrations in person only at our ECS office located at 900 E. 56th Street, Building 4 Hialeah FL 33010 beginning at 8:30 AM beginning on Thursday April 1, 2024. Links to Registration Forms and Parent Handbooks will be made available on this date.
English Registration Forms
CLAP English Summer Camp Registration
CLAP English Summer Parent Handbook
Spanish Registration Forms
CLAP Spanish Summer Camp Registration
CLAP Spanish Summer Parent Handbook
Parents are required to send the following documents as an attachment to completed registration:
- Child’s current report card with student ID number Opens a New Window.
- Copy of child’s Birth Certificate
- Current photo of child
- Proof of Hialeah residency (electric bill or water bill)
To qualify for our Reduced Fee sites and fees, parents must also submit one or more of the following:
- Proof of Free or Reduced lunch for the 2022-2023 school year.
- Proof of governmental assistance such as Medicaid, Welfare Assistance/AFDC/TANF, Federal unemployment, or Food Stamps.
- Proof of subsidized housing (Section 8, Voucher, Certificate, Project Based etc.)
Please see the fee chart below for all summer fees.
For questions regarding summer camp, please contact our main office at 305-687-2650
The City of Hialeah’s Creative Learning and Play out of school programs are funded in part by The Children’s Trust. The Trust is a dedicated source of revenue established by voter referendum to improve the lives of children and families in Miami-Dade County.
|Summer Camp Fees||Fee|
|Camp Shirts (must be worn every day)
|Late Registration (beginning on June 9, 2023)
|Registration Fee (one-time, non-refundable)
|Weekly Fee - Hialeah Residents
|Weekly Fee - Non-Residents