When school is out for summer, parents will have peace of mind knowing their child is having fun and will continue learning in a safe and welcoming environment. Summer Camp will be offered to students in grades K-5th. Students must be 6 years old to register.
Summer Camp will include:
- Arts and crafts
- Enrichment activities
- Field trips
- Outdoor and Indoor Game Time Activities
- Fitness Activities
- Literacy tutoring by certified teachers with Differentiated Instruction for students in need
- Life Skills- Social Emotional Learning Activities
The City will make reasonable accommodations for a child’s disability in the summer camp in an inclusive setting whenever possible. A child’s participation/enrollment in the program is subject to an intake interview, provision of current Individual Educational Plan (IEP) or medical documentation, staff review of case, the ability to accommodate his/her particular need, and the City’s ability to maintain an appropriate staff/child ratio (from 1:3 to 1:15, depending on need/space availability and funding).
Hours and Dates of Summer Camp
- Summer Camp will be held from 7:30 AM-6:30 PM Monday through Friday.
- Summer Camp will run from June 12, 2023 through August 15, 2023.
- Sites will be closed on Tuesday, July 4th, 2023 in observance of Independence day.
- Babcock CLAP located at 651 E. 4th Avenue (regular priced site and reduced fee site if child qualifies)
- Sparks CLAP located at 1301 W 60th Street (regular priced site and reduced fee site if child qualifies)
- Goodlet CLAP located at 900 W. 44th Place (regular priced site)
- Slade CLAP located at 2501 W. 74th Street (regular priced site)
- Walker CLAP located at 800 W. 29th Street (regular priced site and reduced fee site if child qualifies)
- Wilde CLAP located at 1701 W. 53rd Terrace (regular priced site)
The ECS Department will be taking summer registrations in person only at our ECS office located at 7400 W. 24th Avenue, Hialeah, FL 33016 beginning at 8:30 AM beginning on Thursday April 6, 2023. Links to Registration Forms and Parent Handbooks will be made available on this date.
CLAP English Summer Camp Registration
CLAP English Summer Parent Handbook
CLAP Spanish Summer Camp Registration
CLAP Spanish Summer Parent Handbook
Parents are required to send the following documents as an attachment to completed registration:
- Child’s current report card with student ID number Opens a New Window.
- Copy of child’s Birth Certificate
- Current photo of child
- Proof of Hialeah residency (electric bill or water bill)
To qualify for our Reduced Fee sites and fees, parents must also submit one or more of the following:
- Proof of Free or Reduced lunch for the 2022-2023 school year.
- Proof of governmental assistance such as Medicaid, Welfare Assistance/AFDC/TANF, Federal unemployment, or Food Stamps.
- Proof of subsidized housing (Section 8, Voucher, Certificate, Project Based etc.)
Please see the fee chart below for all summer fees.
For questions regarding summer camp, please contact our main office at 305-818-9143.
The City of Hialeah’s Creative Learning and Play out of school programs are funded in part by The Children’s Trust. The Trust is a dedicated source of revenue established by voter referendum to improve the lives of children and families in Miami-Dade County.
|Summer Camp Fees||Fee|
|Camp Shirts (must be worn every day)
|Late Registration (beginning on June 7, 2023)
|Registration Fee (one-time, non-refundable)
|Weekly Fee - Hialeah Residents
|Weekly Fee - Non-Residents
|Weekly Fee - Hialeah Residents (reduced fee location only, and if qualified)
|Weekly Fee - Non-Residents (reduced fee location only, and if qualified)||$55|