Education & Community Services
The Department of Education and Community Services (ECS) of the City of Hialeah promotes:
- Broadened horizons for all residents of Hialeah
- An enhanced quality of life
- An informed citizenry
- Lifelong learning
Part time Positions Available
The ECS Department is always taking applications for the following positions:
- Program Leaders -Afterschool Programs starting at $10.00 an hour
- Must obtain 50 hour Child Care Certificates within the first 6 months of employment
- Recreation Leaders- Special Population and Adult Programs starting at $10.00 an hour
- Teachers- Afterschool Programs starting at $29.00 an hour
- Must have a current teacher certification in Elementary Education, Middle School areas (English, Math, Science) grades 5-9 or Exceptional Student Education
- Must also have a Bachelor Degree in Education or Exceptional Student Education to obtain DCF Staff credentials
For address and needed documents please see our Recruitment Flyer
Facilities & Programs
ECS accomplishes this through:
- Adult centers for adults 55 years and older
- After-school programs
- Teacher Planning Days, Winter/ Spring Holiday camps and Summer Programs.
- The Special Populations Therapeutic Recreation Center for adults with disabilities.
Afterschool registration will be open August 2, 2021 for all programs. To see which program is best for your child, please click on the Afterschool Programs & Specialty Camps tab on the left.