Education & Community Services
The Department of Education and Community Services (ECS) promotes lifelong learning, an informed citizenry, literacy, an enhanced quality of life, and broadened horizons for all residents of Hialeah through programming at our adult centers, after school programs, summer and holiday camps, and a special population center.
Facilities & Programs
- Adult Programs: Three centers that serve adults 55 years and older.
- Afterschool Programs: Our various After-school programs available for all ages. CL&P (K-5th), YLC (6-8th), and STEP Ahead (Highschool students with special needs ages 14-22)
- Specialty Camps: Teacher Planning Days (KDO), Winter/ Spring Holiday Camps and Summer Programs.
- Special Populations Center: Therapeutic and Recreational activities for adults with disabilities ages 18 and older.
- Afterschool registration is currently open for all programs. To see which program is best for your child, please click on the Afterschool Programs & Specialty Camps tab on the left.
- We now have a Instagram account. Follow us at @hialeahecs to keep up to date all programs and events held though the ECS Department.
Part time Positions Available
The ECS Department is always taking applications for the following positions:
- Part Time Program Leaders-Afterschool Programs starting at $10.00 an hour
- Must obtain 50 hour Child Care Certificates within the first 6 months of employment
- Part Time Counselors-Afterschool Programs starting at $11.26 an hour
- Must have 50 hour Child Care Certificates and at least 1 year experience in an Afterschool or school setting working with students.
- Part Time Camp Directors-Afterschool Programs starting at $12.62 an hour
- Must have 50 hour Child Care Certificates and at least 2 years experience in an Afterschool or school setting working with students.
- Part Time Certified Teachers- Afterschool Programs starting at $29.00 an hour
- Must have a current teacher certification in Elementary Education, Middle School areas (English, Math, Science) grades 5-9 or Exceptional Student Education
- Must also have a Bachelor Degree in Education or Exceptional Student Education to obtain DCF Staff credentials
For address and needed documents please see our Recruitment Flyer