City of Hialeah Residents
To obtain a library card, you will need:
- Current utility bill or recent mail showing your Hialeah address
- Driver's license or other picture ID
or you can obtain a temporary library card online.
Cards for Minors
Parents must apply on behalf of patrons 16 and under.
Borrowing Library Materials
Learn more about using your library card to borrow materials from our collection, place holds, and renew your check outs.
If you live in areas of Miami-Dade County served by the City of Hialeah Public Libraries, you can get a free card to borrow materials from these libraries by providing the same documents described above.
These libraries include:
Rule of Reciprocal Borrowing
- Users must obey all rules of the lending library.
- Materials borrowed from one library system must be returned within same system. If not, overdue fines will accrue until they are returned to the lending library.
- Any monies due must be paid to the library system where the materials were borrowed.