Victim Advocate Unit
About the Unit
The Victim Advocate Unit consists of professionals trained to assist anyone who has been a victim or witness to a crime within the City of Hialeah.
Our Victim Advocates assist victims with different services such as: the victim compensation program, information regarding the criminal justice process, information on victim rights, information regarding the injunction for protection process, address confidentiality program, safety planning, referrals to shelters, referrals to counseling, etc. The Victim Advocates follow-up with victims to assist with unmet needs. They maintain contact with mental health providers, hospitals, The Office of Attorney General, Rape Treatment Center, and other community providers to assist with delivery of quality services and the continuity of care.
Domestic Violence Shelters
- Florida Domestic Violence 24-Hour Crisis Hotline: 1-800-500-1119
- Miami-Dade County Coordinated Victims Assistance Center: 305-285-5900 (Call/Text 24/7)
- Advocates for Victims/Safespace Hotline – Central: 305-693-0232
- Advocates for Victims/Safespace Hotline – North: 305-758-2546
- Advocates for Victims/Safespace Hotline – South: 305-245-5011
- Inn Transition Program – North: 305-899-4600
Law Enforcement Trust Fund
If you are an organization serving crime victims and would like to apply for Law Enforcement Trust Fund (LETF) funding, please fill out the form.