To provide timely, accurate, clear and complete financial information, maintain adequate funds to carry on the city business, support other city departments, analyze financial information for our citizens, Mayor, City Council, city staff and outside agencies.
The Finance Department provides financial services to the public and support services to all City Departments. The department is responsible for:
- Accounts payable
- Central collections
- Coordinating the City's annual financial audit
- General accounting
Other Specific Responsibilities
Specifically, the department is responsible for:
- Cash management
- Debt management
- Maintaining the general ledger
- Preparation of financial reports as requested
- Revenue and expenditure analysis
The department prepares:
- Annual wage and tax statements (Form W-2 and 1099s)
- The Comprehensive Annual Financial Report
- Quarterly and annual tax returns for salaries, wages, and taxable benefits
The division of Purchasing, including the print shop, reports to the Finance Department.
Significant accomplishments include the prestigious Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting from Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA) for the past 10 years.
Comprehensive Annual Financial Reports
The Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) is a thorough and detailed presentation of the City's financial condition. It reports on the City's activities and balances for each fiscal year.