City of Hialeah Residents
- Require a driver’s license or picture ID and current utility bill or recent mail showing your Hialeah address
- Parents must apply on behalf of patrons 16 and under
If you live in areas of Miami-Dade County served by the City of Hialeah Public Libraries, the Miami-Dade Public System, the North Miami Public Library, or the North Miami Beach Public Library, you can get a free card to borrow materials from these libraries by providing the same documents described above.
What rules apply to reciprocal cards?
Users must obey all rules of the lending library. Materials borrowed from one library system must be returned within same system. If not, overdue fines will accrue until they are returned to the lending library. Any monies due must be paid to the library system where the materials were borrowed.
Borrowing Library Material
Various materials are available for circulation:
- Total of 10 items per card.
- In addition, following limits on special materials apply:
- 2 books on the same subject
- 2 new books
- 2 videos, DVDs
- 2 audio books
- 2 CDs
- 2 magazines
- Books can be borrowed for 28 days
- New Books, Children’s Easy Books and Readers, magazines, and audio books can be borrowed for 14 days
- CDs and Videos can be borrowed for 7 days
- Friends of the Library can borrow New Books for 28 days, CDs for 14 days, and 4 videos for 14 days.