The FRIENDS of the Hialeah Public Libraries is a private, non-profit organization that supports and promotes the Library as a vital public resource through a vast array of effective volunteer activities, from fundraising and programming, to public relations and community outreach.
What do FRIENDS do?
- Support the Library's collection and programs by assisting with fundraising to enhance Library and Literacy services.
- Inform the public and government officials on issues affecting the Library and advocate for excellence in Library and Literacy services.
- Provide invaluable volunteer services for the Library and community.
- Promote educational and cultural enrichment through the use of the Library.
- Ensure the community knows how the library is there to serve them.
Did you know that your library provides...
- answers to questions
- free tutoring
- high speed internet access
- computer workshops
- storytimes in English and Spanish
- literacy gatherings
- parent workshops
- community e-Libraries
- and books, videos, and music to borrow