What is Creative Learning & Play?
The City of Hialeah's Creative Learning & Play program offers affordable after-school care Monday-Friday from 2:00 PM – 6:30 PM for children in kindergarten through eighth grade at ten convenient locations in the city. This program provides families with affordable, high quality out-of-school services in a safe, fun, and encouraging environment. Activities include reading, tutoring, homework assistance, social skills development, nutrition, fitness, recreation, and special interest classes.
image CL&P Afterschool Flyer (5.52 MB)
For Whom is Creative Learning & Play?
We've designed the Creative Learning & Play program for children who are in need of quality after-school care with a strong educational focus. We welcome students in grades K-8. And, the program is open to students who live in Hialeah as well as those who live elsewhere.
All of our sites are conveniently located within the City of Hialeah. They include:
Babcock Park 651 East 4th Avenue - DCF C11MD2033
Bright Park 750 East 35th Street- DCF C11MD2755
Cotson Park 520 West 23rd Street - DCF C11MD2738
Goodlet Park 900 West 44th Place - DCF C11MD2737
Hoffman Gardens 7650 West 8th Avenue - DCF C11MD2740
O'Quinn Park 6051 West 2nd Avenue - DCF C11MD2085
Slade Park 2501 West 74th Street - DCF C11MD2032
Veterans Park 7900 West 32nd Avenue - DCF C11MD2043
Walker Park 800 West 29th Street - DCF C11MD2739
Wilde Park 1701 West 53rd Terrace - DCF C11MD2034
Hours & Dates
The Creative Learning & Play program is open from 2:00 PM - 6:30 PM on the days when the Miami-Dade public schools are in session.
Registration & Fees
Registration is simple!
To register your child, simply bring us:
- A copy of your child's birth certificate or passport
- A current photo of your child
- Your child's Student ID number
- A copy of your child's last report card
- A $30 registration fee per child
- Proof of residency (electric bill, phone bill, water bill)
pdf Spanish 2016-2017 Registration Packet (5.86 MB)
The costs of the program are affordable!
- Registration Fee (One-time): $30 per child
- Hialeah Residents: $15 per child per week
- Non-Resident: $35 per child per week
About Our Teachers
Our instructors bring various skill sets to the program to help ensure a safe, supportive and educational environment for your child.
Our staff includes state-certified teachers, trained tutors and counselors. There are CPR and first aid certified staff at every site. Staff meet Level 2 screening requirements as described in F.S. 1012.32 (Florida Statutes). We contract with a diverse and talented group of community-based instructors for enrichment activities. Please ask us what fun, enriching activities are upcoming this session.
Program accommodations include a Master Inclusion Teacher, a behavioral analyst consultant for individual cases as needed, as well as daily inclusion aides and trained staff onsite to apply behavior modification techniques for children with behavior challenges and educational strategies for those who have learning difficulties and attention deficits. Our out of school staff-to-child ratios are 1:15. Services are administered at a 1:3 staff-to-child ratio for children with specific behavior concerns and a ratio of 1:5 may be provided for children who may need additional support.
We now offer inclusion support at all of our sites either at a 1:5 or a 1:3 staff-to-child ratio serving over 50 children with special needs. Our program has been recognized by the Trust as an example of "best practices" of inclusion by an out of school provider.
Kid's Day Off & Camps
Spring Break Camp- April 10-14, 2017
When school is out for spring break, parents will have peace of mind knowing their child is having fun in a safe and welcoming environment.
- Registration Begins March 13-April 5, 2017
- Spring Camp will be held at Goodlet Adult Center locted at 900 W. 44th Place, Hialeah FL 33012
- Camp T- Shirts must be worn every day in attendance (on sale at site for $6.00 per shirt)
- $35.00 for (5) days for Hialeah residents
- $55.00 for (5) days for non-residents
- There is no daily rate.
- $15 late registration fee per child iif not pre-registered by April 6, 2017.
- $5 late pick-up feeat 6:31 pm per family. For each additional 15 minutes, $5 is charged.
Kids' Day Off A treat for kids, a convenience for parents! The Kids' Day Off program is offered during Miami-Dade County Public School Teacher Planning days for parents who have to go to work and need a safe place to leave their children. Camp includes field trips, arts & crafts, and outside & inside activities. Space is limited and reserved on a first-come, first-served basis.
Kids Day Off Fees
- $20 registration fee for Hialeah residents; $35 for non-residents
- $5 late fee for child not registered by deadline
- $5 late pick-up fee at 6:31 pm per family. For each additional 15 minutes, $5 is charged
- Camp T-shirts must be worn every day in attendance (on sale at site for $6.00).
Our next Kids day off is:
- March 24, 2017
- Accepting Registration March 13-March 23, 2017
- June 9, 2017 -
- Accepting Registration May 29-June 8, 2017
Registration for Kids Day Off
Registration is done at the following locations:
- ECS Main Office 7400 W. 24th Avenue Hialeah 33016
- Goodlet Adult Center, 900 W. 44th Place Hialeah 33012 DCF #C11MD2737
To register, you will need:
- Copy of child's Birth Certificate
- Current photo of child
- Child's student ID number
- Child's current report card
- Proof of Hialeah residency (electric bill, phone bill, water bill)
- Completed KDO Registration Form (see below)
pdf KDO Spanish Registration Form (232 KB)
For more information call 305-818-9143 between the hours of 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM.
Summer Showcase 2015 Pictures
CLAP Summer Showcase Video- SPANISH
Summer Showcase 2016 Pictures
For Further Information
Please visit any of our Creative Learning & Play locations to learn more about our out of school programs
City of Hialeah
Department of Education and Community Services
7400 West 24th Avenue, 2nd Floor
Hialeah, FL 33016
The City of Hialeah's Creative Learning & Play out of school programs are funded in part by The Children's Trust. The Trust is a dedicated source of revenue established by voter referendum to improve the lives of children and families in Miami-Dade County.