This section will provide you with information on elections information, voter registration, absentee voting options, key dates to remember for upcoming elections and much more.
If you have any questions, please contact the Office of the City Clerk at (305) 883-5820.
VOTER REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS
In order to vote in a Florida election, you must complete a Voter Registration Form.
As a Miami-Dade County resident you may register to vote:
If you are a citizen of the United States;
- If you are at least 18 years of age (or will be by the date of the next election);
- Are not in prison or on parole for a felony conviction.
HOW AND WHERE TO REGISTER
Registering to vote is a right. It is available to all persons who meet the requirements. In Miami-Dade County, there are many official agencies where you can register in person or get voter registration forms:
- Florida Drivers License Bureau
- Miami-Dade County Public Libraries
- Any State public assistance agency
- Any agencies that provide assistance to disabled persons
- Armed Forces Recruiting Offices
- City of Hialeah City Clerks office
When you register to vote, an actual residence address is required by law. If you provide a mailing service address, P.O. Box, or business address, the application will not be accepted, and can cause your registration to be declined and/or not processed in time for an election. P.O. Box and other business addresses can be accepted as a mailing addresses only, and not as a residential address.
You may also complete one of the forms provided by the State of Florida Division of Elections. You can print out the form and fill in your information, sign it, and then send the original signed form to:
Supervisor of Elections
P.O. Box 521550
Miami, Florida 33152
You may choose to receive an absentee ballot only for a specific election or for all elections in which you are eligible to vote for through the next regularly scheduled general election.
Complete your Absentee Ballot Request Form with these four easy steps:
- Complete the entire form by typing in your information. The areas highlighted are required fields.
- Print out the completed form.
- Provide your signature.
- Mail to the address located on the bottom of the form.
To request an absentee ballot or verify your voter information on-line, please visit The Miami-Dade County Supervisor of Elections.