What type of reports can you get?

We collect and distribute all police reports, accident reports and other documents generated by the Hialeah Police Department.

Incident Reports

Incident Reports involving a juvenile will be released according to State Statute, and proper identification and / or involvement may be required. Please contact the Records Unit at 305-687-2500 for requirements regarding the release of any juvenile information.

Accident Reports

Accident Reports are confidential and not considered public record until 60 days after the date of the accident. Prior to the conclusion of the 60-day waiting period, accident reports will be released only to the following:

  • A party involved in the crash (photo identification required)
  • The legal representative of a party involved in the crash (Florida Bar number required)
  • The licensed insurance agent of a party involved in the crash, or a party who has applied for insurance coverage (Florida license number required)
  • A person under contract to provide claims or underwriting information to a qualifying insurance company (name of insurance company required)
  • A prosecuting authority (Florida Bar number required)
  • A representative of a radio or television station licensed by the FCC, a newspaper qualified to publish legal notices, or a free newspaper of general circulation which qualifies under Statute 316.066(3)(C) (name of radio station, television station or newspaper required, along with proof of free distribution, if applicable)
  • A state or federal agency representative who is authorized by law to have access to these reports
  • All required credentials or identification must be reviewed by a Records Specialist prior to the report’s release

Show All Answers

1. How do you obtain a report?
2. What type of reports can you get?
3. How much does a report cost?
4. Do you accept credit cards?
5. Can I request a report by mail?