May 16, 2020 7:33 PM
Emergency Order Delaying Phase 1 Reopening of Non-Essential Businesses in the City of Hialeah
EMERGENCY ORDER DELAYING PHASE 1 REOPENING OF NON-ESSENTIAL BUSINESSES IN THE CITY OF HIALEAH
THEREFORE, in response to the impending risk to the life, health, safety and welfare posed by Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) to our citizenry and pursuant to the authority set forth in Florida Statutes "252.38 and 252.46 and in furtherance of all national, state, county and local emergency orders issued to date not inconsistent with this order;
In order to safeguard the life, health, safety and welfare of the residents of the City of Hialeah; and In an attempt to slow the spread and mitigate the potential impact of Coronavirus Disease;
EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY, MAYOR CARLOS HERNANDEZ HEREBY ORDERS:
1. All retail and commercial establishments and any other establishment or facility permitted to open as of 12:01a.m. on Monday, May 18, 2020 by Miami-Dade County Emergency Order 23-20 or State of Florida Executive Order 20-122 as amended by Executive Order 20-123, shall remain closed in the City of Hialeah, until Wednesday, May 20, 2020 subject to the provisions of this order. All retail and commercial establishments allowed to operate as permitted by Miami-Dade County Emergency Order 07-20, as amended, shall continue to operate.
2. Effective 12:01 a.m. Wednesday, May 20, 2020, all retail and commercial establishments and any other establishment or facility permitted to open as authorized by Miami-Dade County Emergency Order 23-20 shall comply with the mandatory general and industry specific safety guidelines as set forth in the New Normal Handbook subject to the following more restrictive provisions:
a. The use of face shields shall be mandatory for employees at all times while providing any grooming service at all personal grooming stores or services, such as barbershops, cosmetology, hair and nail salons.
3. Notwithstanding the provisions of Miami-Dade County Order 23-20 or State of Florida Executive Order 20-122 as amended by Executive Order 20-123, all restaurants and all other food-service establishments in the City of Hialeah shall remain closed for on-premises consumption until Wednesday, May 27, 2020.
4. All owners or operators of retail and commercial establishments and any facility or other establishment permitted to open shall abide by the most stringent requirement on the use of face masks by employees and patrons of the establishment. The City’s use of face masks is governed by COVID-19-COH-EO-7, issued on April 9, 2020 and amended on May 12, 2020 by COVID-19-COH-EO-7A. If the County’s orders and guidelines on the use of face masks are permissive or discretionary but the City’s orders are mandatory, then the City’s order shall take precedence.
5. All persons while outside their homes shall also abide by the most stringent requirement on the use of face masks. If the County’s orders on the use of face masks by individuals while in public is permissive or discretionary or subordinate to maintaining social distancing but the City’s orders are obligatory and mandate the use of a face mask notwithstanding the ability to observe social distancing, then the City’s order shall take precedence.
6. This Order shall remain in effect for the period of time the City’s declaration of emergency remains in effect or until rescinded or modified, whichever occurs first.
7. This Emergency Order shall be strictly adhered to at all times while the City’s declaration of emergency remains in effect and enforceable pursuant to Florida law.