YLC- BLUE Program
The Young Leaders with Character (YLC) BLUE Program is currently offering Afterschool Programming Monday-Friday for teens in grades 6th through 8th.
This program provides families with a high quality out-of-school services in a safe, fun, and encouraging environment.
- Homework assistance
- Fitness and recreation
- STEM program
- Indoor and Outdoor Games
- Service Learning Projects
01/06/2021 Opens in New Window
Days and Hours of Operation
The YLC BLUE Program follows the Miami-Dade County Public Schools calendar.
The YLC Blue Afterschool Program is offered at the following locations and times:
- City of Hialeah Educational Academy- Monday - Friday from 2:30-6:00 PM
- Goodlet Adult Center- Monday- Friday from 3:30-6:30 PM
After school Registration
- A completed registration packet
- After School Registration - English- Coming soon Opens a New Window.
- After School Registration - Spanish- Coming soonEn Opens a New Window.
- A copy of your child’s birth certificate or passport
- A copy of your child’s last report card and/or school acceptance letter for incoming students
- A current photo of your child
- Proof of address (such as a current utility bill)
- Your child’s student ID number
- Registration Fee (One-time non-refundable) $30 per child
- Weekly Flat fee of $20 per child per week
Our staff includes trained site directors, counselors, and program leaders. There are CPR and first aid certified staff at every site. Staff meet Level 2 screening requirements as described in S. 1012.32 (Florida Statutes).
The City will make reasonable accommodations for a child’s disability whenever possible. A child’s participation/enrollment in the program is subject to an intake interview, provision of current Individual Educational Plan (IEP) or medical documentation, staff review of case, the ability to accommodate his/her particular need, and the City’s ability to maintain an appropriate staff/child ratio (from 1:5 to 1:15, depending on need/space availability and funding).
For more information, visit the Education and Community Services Department to learn more about our out of school programs located at 7400 W. 24th Avenue, 2nd Floor or contact us at 305-818-9143.
Last Updated 07/21/21