When school is out for summer, parents will have peace of mind knowing their child is having fun and will continue learning in a safe and welcoming environment. Summer Camp is held for students in grades K-5th at six convenient locations throughout the city. Students must be 6 years old to register.
Due to COVID-19, All of the Summer Camp Registrations for the City of Hialeah have been cancelled. We will advise residents via social media and this page when summer registration will take place.
Summer Camp includes:
- Arts and crafts
- Enrichment activities
- Field trips
- Indoor/outdoor games
- Literacy tutoring by certified teachers
- Special events
The City of Hialeah will make reasonable accommodations for your child in the summer camp program in an inclusive setting.The City will make reasonable accommodations for a child’s disability in the summer camp in an inclusive setting whenever possible. A child’s participation/enrollment in the program is subject to an intake interview, provision of current Individual Educational Plan (IEP) or medical documentation, staff review of case, the ability to accommodate his/her particular need, and the City’s ability to maintain an appropriate staff/child ratio (from 1:3 to 1:15, depending on need/space availability and funding).
Summer Camp hours are 7:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Our summer camp is held at the following locations:
Due to COVID-19, Summer Camp Registrations for the CLAP Program have been cancelled. We will advise residents via social media and this page when summer registration will take place.
To register, you will need:
- Child’s current report card with student ID number
- Completed Summer Registration Form- Please print each form from both the summer registration and the parent handbook. If forms are missing, registration will be incomplete. Registrations will be available at the ECS office beginning on March 30.
- Summer Registration Form - English (PDF)
- Opens a New Window. Parent Handbook- English (PDF)
Opens a New Window.
- Summer Registration Form - Spanish (PDF)
Opens a New Window.
- Parent Handbook- Spanish (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Copy of child’s Birth Certificate
- Current photo of child
- First week of payment per child
- Non-refundable registration fee of $20 per child
- Proof of Hialeah residency (electric bill or water bill)
Reduced Summer Fees are available at these sites for those with financial need:
- Babcock Park
- Hoffman Gardens
- Walker Park
Proof of financial need may be documented by: Welfare Assistance, AFDC/TANF, Current Federal Unemployment Benefits, Food Stamps, Reduced or Free Lunch, or any other government assistance.
|Camp Shirts (must be worn every day)
|Late Registration (beginning on June 5, 2020)
|Registration Fee (one-time, non-refundable)
|Registration - Hialeah Residents
|Registration - Non-Residents
|Registration - Hialeah Residents (reduced fee location)
|Registration - Non-Residents (reduced fee location)||$55|