Education & Community Services
The Department of Education and Community Services (ECS) of the City of Hialeah promotes:
- Broadened horizons for all residents of Hialeah
- An enhanced quality of life
- An informed citizenry
- Lifelong learning
Part time Positions Available
The ECS Department is always taking applications for the following positions:
- Program Leaders -Afterschool Programs starting at $10.00 an hour
- Must obtain 50 hour Child Care Certificates within the first 6 months of employment
- Recreation Leaders- Special Population and Adult Programs starting at $10.00 an hour
- Teachers- Afterschool Programs starting at $29.00 an hour
- Must have a current teacher certification in Elementary Education, Middle School areas (English, Math, Science) grades 5-9 or Exceptional Student Education
- Must also have a Bachelor Degree in Education or Exceptional Student Education to obtain DCF Staff credentials
For address and needed documents please see our Recruitment Flyer
Facilities & Programs
ECS accomplishes this through:
- Adult centers for adults 55 years and older
- After-school programs
- Teacher Planning Days, Winter/ Spring Holiday camps and Summer Programs.
- The Special Populations Therapeutic Recreation Center for adults with disabilities.
The ECS Department is currently registering for Virtual Afterschool programming for CL&P, YLC, and the STEP Ahead Program. In person services are open for the CL&P and YLC program only at this time. Space is limited due to capacity regulations. Please check the after school pages listed on the left hand side under each program for their afterschool information. Registration can be completed online and payments for registration can be taken over the phone. If you have any questions, please contact the ECS Department at 305-818-9143.
The ECS Departments Adult Programs is currently Virtual. We are offering Zumba and Bingo though Zoom, Teacher Led classes where participants can join and complete a easy craft while interacting with others online, and jewelry, knitting, and holistic living classes. The Adult programs is also offering instructional videos on the City of Hialeah's social media outlets including YouTube. For more more information and to register for these Virtual Classes please contact 305-818-9143.
Notice of intent to apply for 21st Century Community Learning Centers grant: This notice is to inform you that the City of Hialeah Education and Community Services Department is applying for the Nita M. Lowey 21st Century Community Learning Centers (21st CCLC) grant for the 2020-2025 program years. 21st Century Community Learning Centers (21st CCLC) provide academic and personal enrichment opportunities designed to reinforce and complement the regular academic program of participating students during non-school hours, and offers opportunities for families of students served have meaningful engagement in their child’s education as well as literacy and related educational development.
To access the Young Leaders with Character Program’s 21st CCLC RFP Proposal for the 2020-2025 years, please click the following link: YLC RFP 20-25 Proposal
* UPDATE- The City of Hialeah's Education and Community Services Department is pleased to announce that it was given notice that the proposal above was recommended for funding . Please check our afterschool's link as to when the Young Leaders with Character-YLC-Orange Program will begin.
You can learn more about the 21st Century Community Learning Centers program at 21st Century Community Learning Centers