The Office of Management and Budget (OMB) develops and administers the City’s annual budget in accordance with Florida Statutes and City Charter. In addition, the OMB provides advice and assistance to City Departments, Mayor, City Council and the public.
Responsibilities of the Office of Management and Budget include:
- Analyze and process budget transfers and amendments to the adopted budget
- Develop the City’s annual operating and capital budgets
- Evaluate fiscal impact of goods and/or services purchases above $15,000 requiring City Council approval
- Monitor revenue and expenditures with reporting of monthly trends and issues
- Review request to hire and/or promote employees within budgetary authority
Online versions of the annual operating budget for the City of Hialeah are available. For additional information, please contact OMB at 305-883-5848.