Frequently Asked Questions
- When will my recycling container be delivered?
Recycling containers can take up to 2 to 3 weeks for delivery.
- Will garbage be collected on the holidays?
Garbage service will be provided every holiday except for Christmas Day and New Year's Day. In the event that the regularly scheduled collection day falls on Christmas Day or New Year's Day, alternative arrangements may be made for the collection of solid waste. Details will be provided as the above-mentioned dates approach.
- My garbage container was not serviced on the scheduled collection day, what can I do?
Contact Waste Connection at 305-638-3800 or the Department of Public Works Solid Waste Division at 305-556-3800, ext. 7.
- Where can I dispose of fencing materials because they were not serviced on the scheduled collection day?
The city will not remove or haul away discarded construction materials. Please refer to the locations for the disposal of construction debris.
- What are the service hours for residential collection?
Service hours are from 6 am to 7 pm.
- My container was not serviced on my scheduled collection day. Do I leave the container out for the next day?
If service was missed, contact Waste Connection at 305-638-3800 Department of Public Works Solid Waste Division at 305-556-3800, ext. 7.
- What is the commercial private service operating hours?
Commercial service are allowed to provide service Monday through Saturday 6 am to 11 pm and away 300 feet from any residential properties.
- Where do I pay a solid waste violation and what payment method?
Solid Waste Division violations can be paid in person or by mail via check or money order to:
Department of Public Works
3700 W 4 Avenue
Hialeah FL, 33012
- Where can I request a hearing for a solid waste violation?
Special Master hearings are requested at
Building Department Code Compliance Office
501 Palm Avenue
Hialeah, FL 33010
- Who can remove a dead animal from public right of way?
Contact Miami Dade County Animal Service number 311.